- ID of the spouses and the witnesses
- Original and copy of Power of Attorney, in case the applicant is acting on behalf of the principal
- Original and copy marriage contract or declaration – conclusive judgment confirming marriage
- Submit the application along with the required documents at the reception desk.
- Documents must be signed by all including witnesses, in front of department head
- Receive instructions from the Section Head for fees payment.
- Pay the fees at the cashier counter and receive a payment receipt.
- Submit the fees payment receipt to the Section Head.
- Receive the declaration signed by the Judge and stamped by the Section Head.
Courthouse of Sharjah- Al Liya – Al Khan
8:00AM- 2:30PM except on Friday and Saturday
- Personal attendance of the husband or his legal representative (mandatory in all cases).
- Personal attendance of the wife for attestation (in case the marriage contract was not presented).
- Personal attendance of two competent witnesses of legal age.
- If the marriage contract was issued outside the UAE or in a language other than Arabic, the document must be duly translated and attested.
- If the marriage contract was not presented for reasons approved by the Judge, marital relationship documents should be presented (family book , children birth certificates, passport of the spouse reflecting the name of husband / wife, certificate issued by the embassy of either of the spouses indicating the date of marriage and its continuity) and the wife's presence for ratification.