- Original and copy of the ID
- Copy of the passport of fiancé and fiancée
- Original and copy of the certificate of non-existence of a guardian from the concerned authorities or court
- Original and copy of the application
- Original and copy of the Authenticated power of attorney permitting delegation of powers, in case the principal is acting on behalf of another party
- Submit the application along with the required documents at the customer service office.
- Sign the application by the fiancé and the two witnesses in front of the customer service officer.
- Receive an approval from the judge.
- Appear before the marriage officer to conclude the contract.
- Pay the fees at the finance counter.
- Receive the original marriage contract and a certified copy of it.
Courthouse of Sharjah- Al Liya – Al Khan
8:00AM- 2:30PM except on Friday and Saturday
- Personal attendance of both fiancé and fiancée.
- Personal attendance of two competent witnesses of legal age.
- Should the fiancée be a widow or divorcée, a proof of such status must be submitted, provided that she completed her legally prescribed waiting period and is free from any Shari'a impediments.
- Should the fiancée have recently embraced Islam, a certificate of Islam proclamation must be provided along with a certificate stating that she is unmarried. The fiancée must be free from any Shari'a impediments.
- If the power of attorney or any other documents issued outside the UAE, they must be duly translated and certified.
Should the fiancée be a housemaid, nursemaid or equivalent, a no objection letter is required from her sponsor