Marriage Contracts outside the Judicial Department Premises
- Original and copy of ID of all parties
- Original and copy of family book for UAE nationals
- Original and copy of marriage medical examination report
- Original and copy of spouse data form
- Original and copy of the Authenticated power of attorney permitting delegation of powers, in case the principal is acting on behalf of another party
- Approach the department or call the concerned employee to specify an external marriage officer to conclude the marriage contract.
- Submit the application along with the required documents to the marriage officer.
- Sign the application by the fiancé, fiancée, the legal guardian and the two witnesses in front of the marriage officer and document the contract.
- Pay the fees at the finance counter in the Marriage Contracts Section.
- Receive the original marriage contract and a certified copy of it
Courthouse of Sharjah- Al Liya – Al Khan
8:00AM- 2:30PM except on Friday and Saturday
- Personal attendance of fiancé, fiancée and legal guardian or their legal representatives provided that such representatives are competent and of legal age of 21 years.
- The fees of the external marriage officer are added to the service fees.
- Should the fiancée be a widow or divorcée, a proof of such status must be submitted, provided that she completed her legally prescribed waiting period and is free from any Shari'a impediments.
- Should the fiancée have recently embraced Islam, a certificate of Islam proclamation must be provided along with a certificate stating that she is unmarried. The fiancée must be free from any Shari'a impediments.
- If the power of attorney or any other documents issued outside the UAE, they must be duly translated and certified.
- Should the fiancée be a housemaid, nursemaid or equivalent, a no objection letter is required from her sponsor.