- Original and copy of the ID of both spouses
- Original and copy of the family book for UAE nationals
- Original and copy of marriage contract
- Original and copy of power of attorney, in case the principal is acting in the behalf of another party
- Submit the application along with the required documents at Family Guidance Division and obtain a hearing appointment.
- Confirm the appointment two days before the hearing.
- Meet with the family guide.
- Receive the ratification of the meeting and the certificate.
Courthouse of Sharjah- Al Liya – Al Khan
8:00AM- 2:30PM except on Friday and Saturday
- Personal attendance of all parties or their respective legal representatives provided that such representatives are competent and of legal age of 21 years.
- If the wife cannot be present due to residency outside the UAE, the applicant should present an official letter from the General Directorate of Residence and Foreigners Affairs – Sharjah, stating the same or by the testimony of two witnesses if the submission of such official letter was not possible